Electrical Fire Singes Havre Attic Tuesday Evening

HAVRE, Mont. (NMB) – On Tuesday evening, the Havre Fire Department received a call about a house fire on the 800 block of 4th Avenue in Havre.

Fire officials say the small electrical fire burned some insulation and wood in the families attic at about 5:45 PM Tuesday. Firefighters cut the power to the residence and extinguished the flames with fire extinguishers. They didn’t need to use a hose from the fire truck.

The family had to stay in a hotel Tuesday night, but will be able to move back in once repairs are made. No one was injured.

Copyright © New Media Broadcasters. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.