HELENA, Mont. (NMB) – Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks is seeking public comment on open-water fishing contests proposed for the 2022 season.
Participants must comply with state fishing regulations, including daily and possession limits.
Applications for fishing contests may be approved, approved with conditions or denied by the FWP Fisheries Division in Helena. Conditions placed on contests may help to minimize fish mortality, regulate harvest, reduce user conflicts and require additional access site maintenance when needed.
Proposed fishing contests on the Hi-Line include:
- May 13-14: Crooked Creek Walleye Classic at Fort Peck Reservoir
- May 21-22: Fort Benton Spring Classic Fishing Derby on the Missouri, Marias and Teton Rivers
- May 21-22 and September 24-25: N.B.A.A. Qualifier at Fort Peck Reservoir
- June 4: 23rd Annual Milk River Catfish Classic
- June 4-5: Rock Creek Tournament at Fort Peck Reservoir
- June 11-12: Fresno Challenge at Fresno Reservoir
- June 11-12: MT Pikemasters Public Tournament at Fort Peck Reservoir
- July 7-9: 35th Annual MT Governor’s Cup Walley Tournament at Fort Peck Reservoir
- July 16-17: Tiber Tournament on Lake Elwell
- July 16: 22nd Annual Women’s Fishing Contest at Fort Peck Reservoir
- August 6: Fishin’ for the Cure at Fort Peck Reservoir
- September 10-11: MT Bass Nation Qualifier at Fort Peck Reservoir
Information on the proposed fishing contests can be found on the FWP Fishing Contest webpage, https://fwp.mt.gov/fish/regulations/contests or by calling 406-444-2449.
All comments must be received on or before January 13th, 2022. Comments can be mailed to FWP Fisheries Division, Attn: Fishing Contests, P.O. Box 200701, Helena, MT 59620-0701, or emailed to FWPFishComments@mt.gov.