Hill County Commission Votes to Change Alcohol Tax Allocation

HAVRE, Mont. (NMB) – The Hill County Commission met for their weekly business meeting on Thursday morning and voted to change the allocation of funds from the alcohol tax.

Currently, Bullhook Community Health Center receives 100 percent of all funds from the alcohol tax.

Starting with funds raised after the beginning of the 2022 fiscal year, Bullhook will receive 85 percent of funds, while Bear Paw Recovery Center PLLC will receive the other 15 percent.

The Commission says they came to this decision after speaking with Jesse Bergren, a licensed addiction counselor with Bear Paw Recovery Center, which provides treatment for alcohol addiction and substance abuse.

Funds are distributed following the end of each quarter. This means the change in allocation will begin with funds from the third quarter of 2021.

Commissioner Diane McLean says that the funds received from the alcohol tax were over $10,000 for the first quarter of 2021, compared to around $8,000 for the first quarter of 2020.

The vote was 2-0. Commissioner Jake Strissel was not present at the meeting.

Also approved at the meeting was a task order in the amount of $8,971 for the Hill County Health Department’s Immunization Program. This program is funded annually and the task order approved on Thursday runs from July 1st, 2021 to June 30th, 2022. The funds in the task order help pay for a portion of the immunization nurse’s salary.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Copyright © New Media Broadcasters. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.