Havre IGA Evacuated Thursday Due to Smoke in Building

HAVRE, Mont. (NMB) – On Thursday afternoon, Gary and Leo’s IGA in Havre was evacuated after smoke started to fill the store.

Assistant Fire Chief Kelly Jones says that their heater in the back room overheated and created smoke at about 3:30 PM. The store was evacuated, but no injuries or damage was reported. Jones says IGA reopened immediately after clearing the smoke from the building and they are operating as normal.

Copyright © New Media Broadcasters. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.