HAVRE, Mont. (NMB) – The Hill County Health Department reported 34 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, a single-day record.
The new cases range in age from two people under the age of 10 all the way up to a person in their 90s.
23 of the cases were found through contact tracing, 10 currently have unknown exposures and one is potentially travel related.
Public health investigation and contact tracing are ongoing.
Hill County has now reported 305 total COVID-19 cases. 117 are active, including one hospitalization. 183 have recovered and five have died.
The Health Department also issued a health alert advisory on Thursday, warning the public that there are multiple cluster outbreaks in the area linked to social events, large gatherings, schools, and long-term care facilities.
They add that to slow the spread in the virus, the community needs to support and cooperate with health guidelines.
- Staying home
- Social distancing
- Restricting visitors and friends from coming into your home
- Not hosting or participating in social or public gatherings of any type
- Self-monitor for symptoms. If symptoms occur, call 262-1570 to schedule an appointment for assessment and possible testing
- Wear a mask where social distancing is not possible
- Wash/sanitize your hands frequently
- Follow isolation and quarantine orders issued to you by the Health Department