IGA Closed Wednesday Afternoon After Small Fire, Reopened Thursday

HAVRE, Mont. (NMB) – On Wednesday afternoon, the Havre Fire Department received a fire call from Gary & Leo’s IGA. Fire Chief Mel Paulson says that the call came in at around 2:30 PM and it appears there was an electrical short in a utility room in the store. The short heated up and melted some ceiling tiles and other plastic items in the room.

Paulson says the Fire Department killed the power to the store and cleared the smoke out of the building. They were on the scene for about an hour and no one was injured.

IGA Assistant Manager Brenda Friede says they closed the store for the rest of the day and reopened Thursday morning.

Copyright © New Media Broadcasters. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.