Increased State Park Visitation and a New Camping Bill

According to Montana State parks annual visitation report more people visited Montana parks in 2020 than ever before, and in 2021 the number decreased just slightly, by only two percent.

However, from 2019 to 2020 visitation to Montana parks increased by an outstanding 29.5 percent. This is astonishing growth especially when typical field trips and other activities weren’t taking place due to the covid pandemic.

Now, Montana House Bill 440 aims to make more walk up, no reservation needed camp sites in Montana, and it is cruising through the legislature.

The bill will set the amount of camp sites that need to be reserved in advance at 80 percent, the remaining 20 percent will be able to be used spontaneously.

The bill passed the committee unanimously and then passed the house also unanimously. If the bill gets signed into law, it will impact 12 out of the 25 state parks in Montana.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Copyright © New Media Broadcasters. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.